Yoga teacher: Mark Robberds
Yoga style: Ashtanga
Teacher training: No
Yoga guru(s): Pattabhi Jois, Sharath Jois
Where do you teach: Internationally
Future retreats: Bali, Ibiza, Goa
Web page/book: markrobberds.com
– COFFEE OR TEA?
– WHICH ASANA DO YOU WANT TO SHARE WITH US TODAY AND WHY
Handstand Scorpion – it’s an all time favourite.
– WHAT DO YOU LIKE THE MOST ABOUT TEACHING (BESIDES WHATCHING US SUFFER)?
Being a vessel for the teachings to come through. Creating a space where people can come and feel happy, connected and inspired to reach their full potential.
– WHO/WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Anyone who is living their true calling in life.
– A MOVIE/BOOK THAT MOVED YOU
Pele. I love stories of triumph over tragedy and hardship.
– WHICH HAS BEEN YOUR MOST SPECIAL TRIP AND WHY?
Probably my travels in South America where I got to combine my love of exotic cultures, learning languages, surfing and exploring ancient monuments and nature.
– ARE YOU A VEGETARIAN? AND IF YOU ARE, DO YOU MISS BACON?
No I’m not… but im not a bacon fan.
– WHICH IS THE MEAL YOU ARE ALWAYS IN THE MOOD FOR?
– IF YOU WERE AN ANIMAL, WHICH WOULD YOU BE?
– IF YOU WERE A TREE, WHICH WOULD YOU BE?
– WHAT DRIVES YOU CRAZY OR MAKES YOU GO INSANE?
Students not listening to my instructions about alignment!
– SHARE A QUOTE WITH US
“Alice laughed. ‘There’s no use trying,’ she said. ‘One can’t believe impossible things.’
I daresay you haven’t had much practice,’ said the Queen. ‘When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
– WHAT OR WHO MAKES YOU LAUGH OUT LOUD?
Definitely my wife, Deepika Mehta.
– A MAGICAL PLACE TO PRACTICE YOGA WOULD BE…
– TELL ME ABOUT YOUR CURRENT PROJECTS OR DREAMS…
Right now we are trying to set up our teaching/life and homes in Bali and Goa. That is the project for this year and 2018.
– WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
A travelling surfing, yogi musician…
– IF YOU COULD START AGAIN, WOULD YOU CHANGE ANYTHING?
I would, but I can’t mention them here or I’d have to kill you.
– LAST BUT NOT LEAST, WHICH TIP CAN YOU SHARE WITH US, THE LEARNING YOGIS
Stay open, stay free, keep learning and exploring and remain a student all of your life.